Attempt to run debootstrap

I have a machine with Debian Jessie {MATE DE} installed.
I have a full set of Debian Jessie install DVDs.
This machine has *NO* internet connectivity.

I wish to use debootstrap to make a minimal but functional install of
Debian to /dev/sda9.

The available references include:
[1] https://wiki.debian.org/chroot

[2] https://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap

[3] https://manpages.debian.org/jessie/debootstrap/debootstrap.8.en.html

[4] https://debian-administration.org/article/433/Mounting_things_in_multiple_locations

[5] https://debian-administration.org/article/426/Installing_new_Debian_systems_with_debootstrap

[6] http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/how-to-install-debian-using-debootstrap-4175465295/

[7] http://shallowsky.com/blog/linux/install/debootstrap.html

What I've done so far {using root privileges} is:

# create a local repository on hard disk for convenience
mkdir /mnt/all
mount -t ext2 /dev/sda7 /mnt/all
xorriso -osirrox on:auto_chmod_on -overwrite nondir \
        -indev /dev/sr0 \
        -extract / /media/richard/all/tst1
sync

mkdir /mnt/owl1
mount -t ext2 /dev/sda9 /mnt/owl1
debootstrap --no-check-gpg stable /mnt/owl1 file:///mnt/all/tst1
sync
update-grub

The output when running update-grub was:
Generating grub configuration file ...
Found background image: /usr/share/images/desktop-base/desktop-grub.png
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.0-4-686-pae
Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-3.16.0-4-686-pae
Found Debian GNU/Linux (8.6) on /dev/sda9
done
root@mate-full:/home/richard#

It did not create a line on the boot menu to run the Debian on
/dev/sda9 .

As reference [4] says "...your new system has no kernel installed and
is also missing ..." The instructions it gives are not
suitable for my environment.

Can someone recommend a reference that covers my circumstances?
TIA