Re: Did I blow my processor?

rhkramer@gmail.com:
> On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 08:37:11 AM Dan Purgert wrote:
>> GiaThnYgeia wrote:
>>> Never a good idea, there are cheap tools of measuring current, a short
>>> can blow a good power source/transformer.  How do you check industrial 3
>>> phase 440V, just ground it with a train rail see if there are any sparks.
>
> I agree that giving advice like touching the switch pins with a screwdriver is
> a bad idea--among other things, somebody might "learn" from that and try it
> under more dangerous circumstances.

I was not referring to the human danger when I advised against it,
although there have been sensitive people who have passed away due to
heart failure with minor shocks.  But, imagine having no switches and
bare wires everywhere and you just twisted them to close a circuit.

Also, welding machines exist for a reason, otherwise you can do welding
ideally with what comes out the shocket/mains with 110/220 50/60hz and
the right electrode for the right material.  Switches are good for
making sufficient contact abruptly and almost instantly, for a reason.

A chinese v/a/Ω meter costs as much as a sandwich and lasts a lifetime
of abuse (maybe get three to have a good one).

A battery voltage and the circuitry of transforming mains AC to various
DC are not the shame.  The worst a battery can do is blow up in your
face or get discharged.  Try finding a replacement diode at your
neighborhood store.

Sometimes in modern boards the contacts of the cpu to the board make all
the difference and unless there is a led coming on somewhere it may seem
as a dead board even with current running.  lap/Notepads are notorious
for pretending they are dead.  They are tons of good motherboards on
landfills.

--
 "The most violent element in society is ignorance" rEG