Re: User-oriented backup tools

On 16/02/2017 14:50, Hans wrote:
> Yes, of course. I did not see, that you meant "daily backups". For daily
> backups try "back-in-time", it is nicely configurable and is based on rsync and
> some other tools. And you can configure time based backups and restores.

Yes I forgot to say some details... :)

Ok, now I'm trying back-in-time. After some setting up, it's working and
copying 60+ GB from my Home to the external usb3 drive. And it's quite fast!

FYI I've tryed the option "use the files' checksum" to discover file
changes but that was too much time consuming! If enabled the process
gets too longer for me, so I disabled it back.

There's also a nice option to start the backup once a day if and when
the device is connected (udev). This is what I mean with "user-friendly" :)

> For a single folder (with subfolders) I suggest "unison" and "unison-gtk",
> which is available for linux, mac and windows. You can use it within a single
> computer or use it from computer to computer. It is based on rsync and ssh.
> Very easy to use.

I installed also Unison but to me it appeared more useful to syncronize
two folders in in a bidirectional way. Correct me if I'm wrong.

> Happy hacking
>
> Hans

Yeah! Thanks a lot!

--