Re: User-oriented backup tools

On 16/02/2017 14:45, Boyan Penkov wrote:

> On 02/16/2017 08:33 AM, Francesco Porro wrote:
>>
>> If I'm not wrong, this one is based on "dup" and works the same way?
>
> I don't think so; which "dup" are you referring to? -- the most I know
> is that DejaDup is a GTK front-end for it.

Oh sorry, it was a lapsus! Dupicity is the backend for Deja-dup, of
course! :D

I've already tried the latter before, when I was on Ubuntu (it comes
preinstalled in ubuntu). The thing I didn't like too much of deja-dup
was the inability to set a threshold for the backups to keep. I mean: i
wasn't able to say: hey, keep N backup levels and flush the oldest
ones... But I didn't dig too much, so that I don't really know if this
is actually possible (maybe via conf file) or not.

--
fp
pgp: 0x45399C26