Re: HELP! Re: How to fix I/O errors? (SOLVED)

On 02/12/2017 06:36 PM, Bob Weber wrote:

After writing this I wonder if I am over doing this.  I just don't want to loose
data from a failing drive.  I lived through 3.5 inch floppies which seemed to
always fail.  And tape drives that were painfully slow.  Not to mention back in
the mid 70s saving Z80 programs and data to audio cassette tapes at 1200 baud!
I was so glad to get my first 8 inch floppys working.

...Bob

I, too remember the cassette tapes for saving files and programs on my TRS-80 Model III. I think I still have a few of those tapes (10 minutes tapes for a single program) lying around. The Radio Shack cassette player has long since died, however.

Marc