Re: Alix 3D3

David <david.g_jones@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I have Debian running on an Alix Board 3D3, but I've got problems.

> SSHing into the Alix board it tells me that Framebuffer console may not
> be available or /dev/fb0 is not set to 32 bit.

Where do you get this message? Why do you think this is a problem?

> /dev/fb0 seems to be an empty file.

/dev/fb0 is not a file but a device node. It should look like this:

crw-rw---- 1 root video 29, 0 Jan 12 23:29 /dev/fb0

> Can anybody help me please? Even if it means running a different
> version of Debian. Debian is stored on a CF card.

I don't see where there could be a problem. The framebuffer is only of
concern when using a local console with a monitor attached to some video
output.

SSH on the other hand does not use the framebuffer.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.