Re: Debian-compatible "compute stick" thingy

On 02/03/2017 06:32 PM, Carl Fink wrote:
> Inspired by the recent discussion of installing Debian on smartphone.
>
> I'm thinking of getting one of the tiny-format PCs like the Intel "Compute
> Stick".  They're mostly ARM-based systems with a video out and two or three
> USB ports, and often WiFi and Bluetooth, powered by a standard micro-USB
> port.

CuBox-I from SolidRun seem to fall in the class of devices you are
looking for.
For the installation details look on Debian's wiki:
  https://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatPort/CuBox-i

or consider Raspbian images.

> I like the smallness, quietness, low power consumption, and inexpensiveness
> of this class of device.
>
> Does anyone have experience installing Debian on such a device--not
> necessarily the Intel one, but something in that class?  If I could have an
> ideal device it would have at least 4 gig of RAM (even better, 8).  Storage
> could be minimal, because external drives are cheap these days, too.

Well, that's just a computer, why there should be problems installing
Linux :) ?