Debian-compatible "compute stick" thingy

Inspired by the recent discussion of installing Debian on smartphone.

I'm thinking of getting one of the tiny-format PCs like the Intel "Compute
Stick".  They're mostly ARM-based systems with a video out and two or three
USB ports, and often WiFi and Bluetooth, powered by a standard micro-USB
port.

I like the smallness, quietness, low power consumption, and inexpensiveness
of this class of device.

Does anyone have experience installing Debian on such a device--not
necessarily the Intel one, but something in that class?  If I could have an
ideal device it would have at least 4 gig of RAM (even better, 8).  Storage
could be minimal, because external drives are cheap these days, too.

Fanless would be a bonus.

Thanks.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com