Re: Debian/Stretch: how to boot in text mode

Am 01.02.2017 um 21:21 schrieb Ennio-Sr:
> Hi all!
>
> After upgrading to Stretch I'm unable to find a way to boot with no GUI.
> I tried setting 'GRUB-GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX="text" in /etc/default/grub,
> moving to 'K01gdm3' all 'S??gdm3' instances in /etc/rc?.d, but nothing
> happens.
> Any help, please?

To temporarily boot into text mode, edit the kernel command line in grub
and add "systemd.unit=multi-user.target"

If you want to make this change permanent, run "systemct set-default
multi-user.target"

The default is graphical.target, which will start your display manager,
like gdm3.

Regards,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?