[Solved??] Re: Synaptic broke

On 01/30/2017 08:32 PM, Michael Milliman wrote:

I just ran across a problem with synaptic.  When I start this program, I get a dialog box saying:

The value 'jessie-backports' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources
Synaptic then exits with no opportunity to make any changes.
I have tried to find where this setting is to fix it, but have had no luck.  I have purged and re-installed synaptic with no luck.
I am running a fully updated jessie (8.7) system.
Anyone have any ideas how to repair this??
I ran apt-get update (which noted a hash sum mismatch on jessie-backports repositories) and apt-get upgrade.  I then tried synaptic again, and it seems the problem has cleared itself.  Very strange.
--
73's de Mike, WB5VQX

--
73's de Mike, WB5VQX