Re: Early boot became slower

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard composed on 2017-01-30 22:31 (UTC):

Felix Miata composed:

At what point exactly within either of those videos does 80 by 25
appear? All I saw anywhere appeared to be in the vicinity of 240 by 67.

I think that I have put my finger on the source of your perplexity.
Remember where M. Oss said the following?

Mattia Oss:

This can be seen in the 3rd video.

There's a third video, and it appears in the third video. It's
definitely 80*25 VGA text mode in that third video. And just as M. Oss
said, the text in the third video scrolls fairly briskly and the
characters are ...

Mattia Oss:

HUGE characters.

... as one would expect with 80 columns by 25 rows on a widescreen
display of that size.

Now that I've seen that...

Now M. Oss and all of you get to play with the different ways that the
VESA driver can do scrolling. (-:

...I reread OP's thread posts and see he has yet to provide us a look at /proc/cmdline from a boot that produces (huge text) 80x25 mode. I would like to see that before I consider whether to respond further.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/