Early boot became slower

Felix Miata:

At what point exactly within either of those videos does 80 by 25 appear? All I saw anywhere appeared to be in the vicinity of 240 by 67.

I think that I have put my finger on the source of your perplexity. Remember where M. Oss said the following?

Mattia Oss:

This can be seen in the 3rd video.

There's a third video, and it appears in the third video. It's definitely 80*25 VGA text mode in that third video. And just as M. Oss said, the text in the third video scrolls fairly briskly and the characters are ...

Mattia Oss:

HUGE characters.

... as one would expect with 80 columns by 25 rows on a widescreen display of that size.

Now M. Oss and all of you get to play with the different ways that the VESA driver can do scrolling. (-: