Re: CUPS in stretch Ricoh printer SP112 SP112-su

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 10:47:24PM +0100, roba@openmailbox.org wrote:
> I used to try and set up a printer through localhost:631 in Jessie but now
> in stretch it is impossible.  I foung some link about /etc/hosts.allow and
> deny and tried a few things but still no luck.  Maybe I am not using the
> correct statement and tried localhost and 127.0.0.1 but still no luck.
> And this is for trying to plug a ppd that was hacked from an other Ricoh
> printer to fit an SP112 SP112-su
> I figured what did not work for jessie may work for stretch
> I had gotten the same printer to work on an other machine with jessie
> somewhere around 8.5 but not on this one.
>
> Any suggestions on how to reach the blocked :631 link?

Potentially stupid question -- are you sure the URL is blocked and it's
not simply that CUPS is not running?

$ ps -ef | grep cups

on my system I get:

root       907     1  0 Jan15 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cups-browsed
root     31985     1  0 07:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cupsd -f

That is the first possibility to eliminate.

Mark