Re: Oddity noticed installing caja-gksu, Bug?

On Sun 29 Jan 2017 at 08:58:17 (-0600), Richard Owlett wrote:
> I using Debian 8.6.0 [with *NO* updates] from set of purchased DVDs.
> I use the Mate desktop.
>
> When I installed caja-gksu, it did not apparently have any effect
> until after a reboot. Is this expected?

Installation should affect new instances of caja. It won't affect any
caja instances already running at the time you installed caja-gksu.
Next time you install Debian, you could test examples of each type
of instance, before and after, to establish the presence of any bug.

> I found no indication either way in a web search.

I don't think one would expect to, unless you searched for "ldconfig".
Caja is just one program among thousands that would be expected to
behave in the same way. Try:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html

Cheers,
David.