apt-get source linux-image-$(uname -r) downloads incorrect version

I am trying to download the kernel source so that I can patch a kernel module, but I keep finding that it's pulling a more recent kernel release than the one I specify. IE:

```
vagrant@debian-jessie:~$ uname -r
3.16.0-4-amd64
vagrant@debian-jessie:~$ dpkg-query --show linux-image-$(uname -r)
linux-image-3.16.0-4-amd64 3.16.39-1
```

So what ends up happening is `apt-get source linux-image-$(uname -r)` pulls the source for the kernel at 3.16.39-1 instead of 3.16.0-4 and my module builds with the incorrect magicver. I know I can do things to work around the magicver, but I'm just curious as to why I cannot pull the exact kernel specified.

I've experienced similar troubles with `apt-get linux-source-$(uname -r)`.

Cheers,

Dave