Re: Help Installing a Dual Boot Debian and Mac OS MacBook Pro 9,1

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 4:32:28 PM CET Michael Fothergill wrote:
> ​You want to use a installation with efi support so apparently the Debian
> Live option is not recommended because it doesn't support efi booting.

I don't understand how a live image relates to this topic. The OP wants to
install debian alongside MacOS, so he needs a standard image.

I recently installed debian stretch on my MacBookPro12,1, using a netinst
image that included non-free firmware (needed for my wifi adapter). I flashed
that image on a USB stick, as 12,1 does not have a DVD drive, but it would be
the same on a DVD-ROM. I can say that the installation worked well.