Re: Help Installing a Dual Boot Debian and Mac OS MacBook Pro 9,1

As an iMac owner who has had a dual boot Mac system before:

Hold down the C key while the computer is starting up, and the computer will boot to the DVD. (assuming the dvd was burned correctly as a bootable DVD)

reFind is a very nice app, but unnecessary, and *really* mucks up being able to completely remove one of the boot options from the computer should you want to remove it later. I also found that setting up a dual boot system made my iMac boot much more slowly no matter which system I selected. This slowness persisted after I returned to a single boot system. YMMV.

I wish you luck, and hope you like Debian.