Re: autofs config

Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>> ls /prj/d0 or ls /prj/dv both fail.  However another share on that
>> same setup on the solaris host `gv' and 2x comes up as expected.
>
> You lost me here. If 'd0' and 'dv' are share names, you should use
> auto.net like this:

This problem is solved with your previous post.  Here is how

All this time my map file said dv   --type[...] 2x:/projects/dv
                   instead of: dv    -type[...]  [...]
I had two dashes instead of one.

When copying the part you specified as being verbatim ... I finally
saw my mistake

I'm really sorry I jerked you around so much.  Now that I got the
right formulation I notice that `ls /projects-nfs/dv' mounts so fast
that the ls displays instantly.

I didn't post the debug data... since it was a fool mistake on my
part.

You've been very patient.  Thank you.

> cd /prj/<server_name>/d0
> cd /prj/<server_name>/dv
>
> If d0 and dv are host names - poke them with 'showmount -e' first, and
> use them like this:

Sorry for that confusion too.  No they are not host names in this
usage. They are host names on my lan but on the server that is serving
these shares (Solaris host 2x) they are share names.

[...]

>> So ls /prj/gv  after a pause shows /prj/gv/merb/<many file here>
>
> Therefore 'gv' is a host name and 'merb' is a share on that host.
> Assuming you're using stock auto.net.
> Debug autofs output confirms this:

Egad... sorry I wrote it all wrong.  I should have said:

ls /prj/gv
   merb

`gv' is a share name on host 2x. and merb is a directory under that
share.
So on host 2x:
ls /projects/gv/
    merb

And on host DEBIAN `ls /prj/gv
                    merb
I wrote it wrong and thoroughly confused things.  When I meant to show
that it some shares were mounted as expected

2 strikes against me...

I hope to be more careful in any more posting on this list.