Re: Testing/Unstable Synaptic broken again. <not><Solved><for><me>

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 12:55:32 -0700
Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you have package 'upgrade-system' installed? And or do you use
> deborphan?  Do you use both testing and sid repos? I do not have your
> problem on "6" testing/sid installs. Good luck.

Thanks. No I didn't know about upgrade-system. It's an old
installation, it's quite a while since I had a problem bad enough to
need reinstallation. Even so, the amount of cruft found was impressive,
more than 900 packages.

Unfortunately, it didn't fix any of my problems. But I don't use
Synaptic much, I know to boot into 4.6.0.1 not 4.7.0.1, and if I don't
look at the logs I don't see all the gtk3 error messages.... this *is*
sid, after all.

--
Joe