Re: How to get Jessie to run at boot time -- Problem solved

----- Original Message -----
From: "Felix Miata" <mrmazda@earthlink.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 10:14:26 PM
Subject: Re: How to get Jessie to run at boot time -- Problem solved

David Wright composed on 2016-09-11 21:44 (UTC-0500):
>> Subject: Re: How to get Jessie to run at boot time -- Problem solved
How is it beneficial to list anyone here or searching list archives to
continue a thread by chastising an OP for being imperfect more than 12 hours
after OP added string "solved" to the subject and thanked people who provided
useful help?
          <LOL>  Hurrah for Felix!  He got it.

          I don't know what I have to apologize for.  Did I say anything impolite?  I'm not
          conscious of having done so.  Maybe I should apologize for "hijacking a thread"?

          As Felix and maybe a few others have noticed, I can now log on to either my Windoze
          or to Jessie, which is what I originally inquired about.  I persist in thinking
          that the procedure I am using is cumbersome, and I hope
          that a new release of installation SW will a) be sure to detect another OS during
          the installation, and b) will ensure that grub puts a good notice/question up on a
          beginning screen for people to click on(or perhaps use the arrow keys) to indicate
          which OS they wish to boot.

          To conclude this topic:  the folks who think I'm rude or uncooperative or both clearly
          have the option to ignore in future anything/everything that I write.  I hope they
          will take advantage of this option.

Now I have a follow-on question:  I'd like to be able, from Jessie, to copy files to and from my
Windoze system.  I haven't really tried simply cd-ing to e.g. /dev/sda1, which is the partition
containing my Windoze stuff.  Is that what you dual OS users do?  is there some subtle   mount
command  that you use?   I shall be most grateful for any instructions, or even suggestions.

Best wishes to all,

Alan McConnell