Actual problem resolution - was [Re: [Probable resolutuio] Re: How to diagnose an "apt-get instal"l problem]

On 9/10/2016 9:50 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
[snip]
Made multiple further tries installing various packages. Got
inconsistent results. The pattern leads me to believe the drive
is becoming flaky. I will create an ISO from the DVD for use on a
flash drive. 50+ years of trouble shooting in diverse
environments is educational ;/

Actual problem was intermittent typos in package name.
I mentally pronounce en-viron-ment as en-viro-ment.
I.E. PBKAC ;/