Re: Jessie & Fixed IP Address

On 9/9/2016 4:26 AM, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
You know what, though, I did have two entries in there the other day.
And I found that tip because I was getting the "RTNETLINK answers:
File exists" error that led to that tip (k/t Raspberry Pi @
StackExchange). My firsthand experience is that tip leans towards
being true because I eliminated ALL my homespun entries and am now no
longer receiving *that* particular error message. *grin*

You typically (most networks) would have only one gateway specified. It's the IP address of the router used by your network to access the Internet.

I imagine there are more elaborate schemes with multiple gateways and could not offer advice on that, I have no experience.

Tim