Re: Jessie & Fixed IP Address

On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 06:08:04PM +0100, David wrote:
> I am working with a Raspberry PI running Jessie and I'm not happy about
> the solutions I found to change it from DHCP to a fixed IP address.
>
> Can I go back to the old method of editing /etc/network/interfaces

If it's Debian Jessie, then yes, you can edit /etc/network/interfaces.
Change the line that says something like "iface eth0 inet dhcp" to
"iface eth0 inet static", and add indented lines below that for the
address, netmask and gateway.  Then configure your /etc/resolv.conf
file to point to some valid nameservers.

If it's Raspbian Jessie, which is not the same as Debian Jessie, then
all bets are off.