Re: System in broken state after dpkg upgrade

On Wed, 07 Sep 2016, Marko Randjelovic wrote:
> I have mixed wheezy/jessie system. When tried to upgrade cmake from
> jessie, apt pulled other packages including dpkg which gave error
> during configure:
[...]
> dpkg (subprocess): cannot set security execution context for maintainer script: Invalid argument
> dpkg: error processing package dpkg (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>  dpkg

You have selinux enabled, and for whatever reason, setting the
appropriate security context for the maintainer script, likely because
you haven't upgraded refpolicy to properly support dpkg_script_t or
other set up the selinux policy correctly.

Fix that, and you should be able to complete the install.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and
Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making
mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes
from being corrected.
 -- G. K. Chesterton "Illustrated London News (1924-04-19)"