Re: Problem selecting options for cp command

On 9/5/2016 7:55 AM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Mon, 05 Sep 2016, Richard Owlett wrote:
I received "illegal operation" error messages as symbolic links were
encountered.

That means the target filesystem does not support symlinks.

That may have been the problem. It's possible the flash drive HAD BEEN formatted FAT-32. No way to tell now as I brute forced wiped drive by having gparted format it as ext2.