Re: mount MTP phone

On Sun, 4 Sep 2016 22:52:33 -0400
Anthony Baldwin <baldwinlinguas@gmx.com> wrote:

> On 09/04/2016 10:01 PM, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
> >>
> >> Sorry Carl, you're getting this twice now (it's been a while since I was
> >> active on lists, I've forgotten how to behave), but
> >>
> >> I confess, I had not, until now.
> >>
> >> Seems I get a bunch of this:
> >>
> >> Sep  4 21:23:47 deathstar kernel: [26533.020450] hub 10-0:1.0: unable to
> >> enumerate USB device on port 1
> >
> > What do you get with dmesg?  For example, run <sudo dmesg -wH>, then plug the
> > device in.  What is the complete output?
> >
> > Also, do you have libmtp installed?
> >

> And, yes, as mentioned earlier, libmtp is installed along with jmtpfs,
> and a handful of other relevant mtp pkgs. I did mention that in my first
> post

Oh, wait. (Grasping at a straw...) Do you need pkg usb-modeswitch? There are some USB NADs (Network Access Device) for which udev uses usb-modeswitch to switch from the default mode that presents the Windows drivers in a filesystem to a different mode (such as, on a cellular modem, that allows one to use it somewhat like a modem). Windows handles the switch automatically, but Linux needs usb-modeswitch and udev.