Re: How often are RealTek drivers brought up to date for Debian?

sebastian@reuter.pw wrote:
> Hello Debian Support team,
>
> QUESTION...
>
> Please can you tell me whether the RealTek drivers for
> rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux, can be approved for Debian, so Tails is able to
> work with this fast wireless dongle?

Seems that they're already widely available -- you just have to build
them from source.  This is usually the case for the "latest" drivers,
especially with Debian Stable.

"Debian Stable" doesn't typically add in new things that could break its
stability (such as drivers) -- the updates are mainly for security
flaws.

Ubuntu would get the new drivers at some point, but that'd probably be
in a point release (e.g. 16.04.1) that updates to whatever the current
kernel at the time is -- though, that does assume the kernel includes
the mentioned Realtek drivers ;)

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947
|O|O|O|