Re: Keeping firefox up to date

On Sunday 14 August 2016 16:19:55 Daniel Bareiro wrote:

> On 14/08/16 16:40, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > Greetings all;

> Hi, Gene.

> > It seems the mozilla.wheezy-backports link has been nuked. Can

> > anyone tell me where to get the latest FF for wheezy?

> > Thanks all.

> Did you try using http://mozilla.debian.net ?

> There you can find Firefox ESR 45 for oldstable, which is the same

> version of Firefox available in Jessie.

> Kind regards,

> Daniel

Some where about 6 weeks back I wound up with both, and I don't seem to be able to make the -esr version work as default, it runs the 47.0.1 version anyway. But wheezy is stuck on the older version. And I don't care which is running, 5 minutes on the nbcnews.com site and I have to go find the screen htop is running on to kill it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)