Re: boot times out after dist-upgrade on Stretch

I'm still stuck with this problem after wasting another 5 hours on it
last night. I'm still getting the time out error message but, without
any useful debugging information, don't know where to start
troubleshooting. Further, it appears the systemd maintainers have
given up responding to bug reports since they haven't responded to bug
#758808 in over 5 months.

Since it will be at least a year before the next Debian release comes
out - when I usually wipe and reload my machine - it's actually worth
my while to put a bounty of a couple hundred bucks for the person who
can help me solve this problem.

Who's interested?