Re: nosh and redo have moved

On 2016-08-05 12:36 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Point taken. The pruning is an attempt to keep each individual
> mailbox readable in a reasonable length of time by kmail. A
> couple of my folders have no expiry, are over 2Gb in size. It
> takes a good 45 seconds to sort and display the list when
> entering those folders. I didn't want the debian list to
> become that much of a time killer.

A simple way to keep mail boxes to a manageable size is to split
them by year. In extreme cases, by month. From my .procmailrc :

YYYYMM=`date +%Y-%m`

:0
* ^X-Mailing-List:[ 	]*linux-kernel@vger\.kernel\.org$
linux-kernel-$YYYYMM

If you use Kmail, you probably don't use Procmail but it takes
more than mere logic to stop me from giving unsolicited advice.

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Thousands of verified email addresses available from bugs.debian.org.