Re: nosh and redo have moved

On Friday 05 August 2016 11:59:32 Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 11:40:46AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > As for noticing the announcements, my expiry rules for this list
> > have already nuked the last of those messages just 3 or 4 days ago.
> > If I had future use for something it gets marked and excluded from
> > those rules. I'll set that up for a couple more months.
>
> When it comes to making assertions about who has or has not posted to
> the list, perhaps consider using the public archives, which are not
> subject to your personal pruning policy.

Point taken. The pruning is an attempt to keep each individual mailbox
readable in a reasonable length of time by kmail. A couple of my folders
have no expiry, are over 2Gb in size. It takes a good 45 seconds to sort
and display the list when entering those folders. I didn't want the
debian list to become that much of a time killer.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)