Re: Big dummy at work again

Martin Read:
> Gene Heskett:
> > Found xterm but it opens a window about 2.75"x3.5", and uses a text
> > font so small it gets 80 columns out of that 3.5", so its almost
> > unreadable, and has no configuration menus at all over and above what
> > I can do to it thru the tde configuration facility, which offers no
> > way to change that microscopicly tiny font.
>
> xterm *does* have a configuration menu, it's just hidden behind a
> rather obscure (and painfully "vintage X11") UI gesture. (Control +
> right-drag).

Besides that, settings can be entered in ~/.Xdefaults.  I have these
lines in it:

xterm*VT100.foreground:  black
xterm*VT100.background:  white
xterm*VT100.cursorColor: gray
xterm*VT100.geometry: 85x40
xterm*VT100.font:  -efont-fixed-medium-r-*-*-16-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-*

This is with xfonts-efont-unicode installed.

Furthermore, xterm can simply be started with options:
$ xterm -fn ..... -geometry .....
See the manpage.