Big dummy at work again

Greetings gui panel experts;

After the first round of replacing iceweasel with firefox, since it
pointed at the firefox-esr binary after that, I killed the iceweasel
icon on the panel, only to discover that the firefox icon pointed at the
even older version, so I have edited it several times and now have it
launching firefox 47.0, but I saw synaptic dl and install 47.1, but I've
NDI which of the numerous copy's of firefox in /usr/bin is now the
correct one.  Anybody actually know which is correct after todays, 3rd
round of updates from firefox-whatever to firefox-47.1?

And of course in the playing around I have now a text icon in place of
the usual firefox icon, and apparently no way in fiddling with the
properties of the icon, to correct that.

I know that text icon is linked to some version of firefox, and I'm not
convinced I have the correct even now, see above version diff. All
created by somebody deciding to repoint the iceweasel icon to the new
firefox, its sure turned into a whats this nightmare here.

I could use a little help.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)