Re: Does anyone know how to configure a Brother MFC-J5720DW with cups?

On Sun 20 Mar 2016 at 12:08:02 +0300, Adam Wilson wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:20:03 -0500
> David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> > > So have two separate objects?  That is what I do - because I like a
> > > simple life.
> >
> > Scanning is pretty easy nowadays, I find. Years ago it was the other
> > way.
>
> So what made printing so much worse?
>
> Saying that in the past, vice versa was the case, implies that not only
> has scanning got easier, but also that printing has got harder.

It hasn't got worse. There are very few complaints on this list about
printing being problematic. Overall, the experience of most Linux users
is a positive one. The contraining condition imposed by the OP may make
printing look hard but it is a perception only.