Re: Does anyone know how to configure a Brother MFC-J5720DW with cups?

On Mon 14 Mar 2016 at 15:39:01 +0100, jdd wrote:

> Le 14/03/2016 14:10, David Wright a écrit :
>
> >"AirPrint is built into most popular printer models, like the ones
> >listed in this article." which includes MFC-J5720DW in the list.
>

> >Both from https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201311
> >

> may be popular in mac world, I never touched a printer with this :-(

We live in an interconnected world, not a MAC world. AirPrint uses open
standard protocols to operate.

A large, influential international company has all its printers at head
office AirPrint enabled, You visit there with a proposal for a 10M Euro
contract. You are asked to print the contract. Your laptop runs Debian
and can pick up the Bonjour broadcasts of a printer.

You print and an hour later the contract is signed.

I do not know what your point is.