Re: cd as much as possible

Jude DaShiell [2016-03-11 07:01:00-05] wrote:

> The find command probably can handle this maybe in a shorter form. I
> don't know as much syntax of that command as I'd like otherwise this
> could probably written in a single line of code.

"Probably", "maybe" and "I don't know"?

Note that the original poster wanted to change the default directory of
current shell (process). If you launch a different process (like "find")
it has its own idea of current working directory which it can change.
That's why a shell _function_ is a the solution.