Re: GNOME 3, how do you ensure windows are grouped in the dash?

On 2016-03-09, Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:

[...]

> I am aware that I could change my workflow. I could use one terminal
> with screen or tmux or similar to have a different window on each
> host. I know I could use terminator to have multiple terminal
> windows inside one window. Or I could use a tabbed terminal emulator
> like gnome-terminal.
>
> The thing is, I really like urxvt! And I really like having one
> urxvt window for each host, using screen to have multiple sessions
> within each one.

That is exactly my workflow. I achieve it using gnome-terminal, because
that terminal keeps only one application instance running and opens new
windows as necessary. There is no need for tabs within the terminal, and
only one icon appears in the dash. You are then free to run GNU screen
remotely as you require.

--

Liam