Re: Converting to Maildir

Hi,

On 5/03/2016 6:12 AM, Joel Roth wrote:
> What is interesting, is that mb2md prepends a '.' to all of
> the existing mbox folder names it converts. Also, dots in
> existing folder names are converted to underscore.
>
> Is there something magical about the dot in the Maildir format?

Yes, it is normal for all Maildir folders to start with a dot and to
have sub-folders delimited by a dot as well.

For instance

.Supplier.Debian

Would have a folder called Supplier and a sub-folder under that for Debian.

Not sure, but I think that the dot is something that can be changed, but
if that is necessary for you then you might want to read up on the other
progs you are using to see how and what to do.

Cheers
A.