Converting to Maildir (was: Re: Using an SSD with strictatime mount option)

Hi Andrew,

Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> On 4/03/2016 12:36 PM, Joel Roth wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 01:53:11PM +0100, Jochen Spieker wrote:
> >> Joel Roth:

> >> Great! But wouldn't that still be a good idea to switch to Maildir? :)
> >
> > Yes, it just takes a little work to change over :)
>
> Perhaps this will help?
>
> Migrate mbox data as follows:
>
> mb2md -f /var/mail/mboxfile -d /tmp/imap-tmp

Thanks for offering this. For some reason, I ended up
using this:

mb2md -s Mail -d Maildir

What is interesting, is that mb2md prepends a '.' to all of
the existing mbox folder names it converts. Also, dots in
existing folder names are converted to underscore.

Is there something magical about the dot in the Maildir format?

Otherwise, I will just remove the dots, since my
mail filter saves to foldernames without the dots.

Also is there any special meaning for the new, cur, other,
queue and tmp folders that mb2md created?

Regards,

Joel

--
Joel Roth