Re: Avoiding to mount /run/lock

Marlen Caemmerer <nosy@c-base.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2016, Sven Hartge wrote:

>> Looking at smb.conf, you can also do this, just change "lock directory"
>> to a sane value. The default is "lock directory = /var/run/samba".

> Sounds like a reasonable workaround. What would be a proper path? /var/lib/samba?

Either that or /var/cache/samba, because those locks are non-persistant
data.

> Still I guess its not really an option to not know where those
> tempdirs can really be configured.

There is documentation, I have seen it. But I can't find or remember it
right now. If you are able to conjure Michael Bible to notice this
thread, I am sure he will be able to answer on how to change the size of
/run/lock.

S°

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.