Re: Current stability of Debian testing?

> People just doing a blind "apt dist-upgrade" every day without knowing
> what happens, why it happens and how to fix the emerging problems will
> have a very bad time using Testing, because there will be a day where an
> innocent "apt dist-upgrade" removes half their packages.

Well, just don't do "a blind "apt dist-upgrade" every day without knowing
what happens". Review the updates first and then decide what to do with
it, you'll be safe this way.

E.g. I need to keep unison v.2.40 to sync with my Wheezy desktop and
testing wanted to upgrade to v.48. I noticed and just put the needed
version on hold. The problems is solved. Isn't it that easy?