Re: Current stability of Debian testing?

On Wed, 02 Mar 2016 14:18:02 +0100, Albin Otterhäll wrote:

> On 03/02/2016 01:45 PM, Michael wrote:
>> Ive been using it for the last few months, and have had no major issues
>> that where not of my own causing.. :)
>
> Good! According to the Debian wiki it's recommended to do a "minimal"
> installation. I assume it's just debian with all the "extra" (Gnome and
> print-server) in the debian-installer unchecked? If so, how would I go
> about to install whose later after the "upgrade" from stable to testing
> after editing /etc/apt/sources.list?

I've recently installed on one of partitions stable WITH GNOME and after
editing sources.list upgraded to testing/stretch without any problems.

You would be able to install Skype for now, since one of the libs is not
ported to testing yet. It actually possible but requires quite a bit of
workarounds, which I am not willing to engage in. I'd rather wait.

And another one - stardict. It is not in testing yet. For now I've
installed goldendict, which I like much less. But again it's just a
matter of waiting.

I'm monitoring the behaviour for about 3 weeks now. So far, no problems
and the system looks perfectly stable and very nice.