Re: Problem adding lines to /etc/fstab

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 11:32:05AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I see *NO DIFFERENCE* between that and my previously stated goal.

If you want classic Unix permissions on a file system on a fixed partition
on a non-removable device, then you simply put the device into /etc/fstab
with DEFAULT mount options.  None of this crazy "user" or "users" option
stuff, since it's not a thing users are going to mount and unmount.

Then, inside the mounted file system, you use chown and chgrp and chmod.