Re: Problem adding lines to /etc/fstab

Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 10:13:26AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
>> "We went over this already."
>>
>> I don't know about other tallies, but I show ~100 posts.
>> Started reviewing them. Found a chain of links leading me to
>> https://wiki.debian.org/UserPrivateGroups . I've just started
>> reading it. It addresses my goal.
>
> Maybe if you would STATE your goal, someone could help you.

The goal described in the document is classic user groups and collaboration
via groups.

There are also nice examples. It has nothing to do with /etc/fstab however.
Admitted: users goal is still unclear.

@ Richard. Originally stated problem with fstab/mount, no saying the wiki
article addresses your goal. How could we conclude from to disconnected
topics what your goal is?

You usually mount the root of a partition to some directory. you create
subdirectories where you can set whatever permissions and groups you need
and add users to those groups, so that users can read/write where they have
access to. In most of the cases this has nothing to do with the mount. The
case where it has to do with mount is where user needs to mount/umount a
media (usually external or network drive)

regards