Re: best practices for fighting spam with Debian?

On Friday 16 December 2016 21:19:45 Joe wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 20:55:32 +0000
>
> Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The fact that some people do not know
> > enough to use Spam folders differently from deleted mail is not a
> > reason why the rest of us should have our email dropped.
>
> The reason why your mail gets dropped is that it cannot accurately be
> identified as not-spam, as I'm sure you know.

You have over-cut.  Here is what you cut, which is highly relevant:

"On Friday 16 December 2016 09:58:36 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > At least in the case of delivery to the SPAM box the mail has been
> > actually delivered to the user.
>
> "Technically", yes.

No, not just technically.  Actually.  The recipient then has the choice
whether to ignore it or not."

Delivering to a Spam folder, and dropping mail, are simply not the same thing,
however hard it may be to distinguish the correct route for any one piece of
mail.

Lisi.