Re: Plasma: keyboard crash

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:

But that is another story. However, is there a way, to restart the keyboard,
without leaving plasma? When the keyboard crashes, I can still open a console,
start an onscreen keyboard (ie. kvkbd) and could use the mouse for input.

A similar problem is at https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=203724, and a recommendation was to restart the relevant module:

> rmmod atkbd ; modprobe atkbd reset=1

I'm not sure what module is driving your keyboard, but "lsmod" should list the loaded modules, and you can probably guess/tinker to find the module, like maybe "uinput" or "hid" or "hid_generic" or "usb_hid" or "usbcore" or ....

However, I'd recommend you do the command in a single line, like above, rather than separate lines, in case you kill your mouse in the process and lose the ability to mouse-type.

--
Kent