Re: systemd automount - Parameter TimeoutIdleSec ignored?

Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 08.12.2016 um 13:33 schrieb Andreas Born:
>> Hi all,
>> I need a device to be automatically mounted on access and unmounted when being
>> idle. My /etc/fstab entry:
>>
>> /dev/sdc1  /mnt/auto  ext4  defaults,noauto,x-systemd.automount,\
>> x-systemd.idle-timeout=10   0   0
>>
>> Systemd correctly creates the mnt-auto.mount und mnt-auto.automount unit files
>> and automounting works perfectly.
>>
>> x-systemd.idle-timeout=10 is getting translated to TimeoutIdleSec=10s within
>> mnt-auto.automount. According to the manpages (sytemd.automount(5)),  the
>> parameter TimeoutIdleSec specifies the time interval after which the device is
>> to be be unmounted:
>>
>> "TimeoutIdleSec: Configures an idle timeout. Once the mount has been idle for
>> the specified time, systemd will attempt to unmount."
>>
>> However, this never happens. It seems that this parameter is completely
>> ignored and the device never unmounted.
>>
>> Is it a bug, or what did i miss to get it working?
>
> Are you sure nothing is keeping that FS busy?

yes, I'm quite sure. The device is empty, lsof shows no open handle, and the
only access to the filesystem was 'ls -al <mountpoint>' to trigger the
automount and to list its content.

I've installed systemd from the debian-backports repository, because the
current stable version for jessie doesn't offer this functionality. Could it
be a compatibility issue?

regards,
andy