Re: spam filtering question?

On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 10:27:50PM -0500, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> Greetings folks,
> shellworld.net the shell service where I do most of my internet work is
> using Ubuntu.
> For reasons that I  find rather confusing spam assassin  is well no longer
> filtering at the level it did previously.
> Has something happened to the program ?

Most likely to the type of spam you ar receiving.

> Is there a better spam filtering option for shell servers that I might
> suggest to our administrator?

Uhhh, suggesting some software to your admin based on answers you got on a
vague question? I only can imagine what the answers in his head will be.

Here is my suggestion: Have an honest conversation with your
administrator(s). Voice your concern that the amount of unsolicited mass
email (not unwanted messages! - big difference!) has increased. Given the
right amount of resources he will take the right measures.

> The Ubuntu distribution is in the 16 range, I can supply the exact edition
> if that helps.
> Thanks,
> Karen

-H