Re: ssh doesn't work.

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 01:23:23PM -0500, Henning Follmann wrote:
> Also changing the port to a nonstandard port is not a safety measure. Not a
> reasonable at least. Unless there is some sane reason (like the network
> operator prevents using port 22) keep it!

I disagree with this.  Changing the port at least decreases the number
of brute force attacks against you, which saves resources (bandwidth, CPU)
that are otherwise wasted by the attackers.

I understand that you mean "it will not stop a dedicated professional
attacker who really, really wants to get into your computer".  And that's
true.  But it does help against the random script kiddies and attacks of
opportunity.