Re: Where are WiFi passwords (WPA keys) stored?

Robert Latest <boblatest@gmail.com> writes:

> […] when I configured the WiFi network using some GUI tool in the XFCE
> desktop,

You'll need to be more specific than that :-) Exactly which tool did you
use?

> So there must be a place, somewhere, where the WiFi passowrd ist
> stored, outside the realm of some specific user. Where is it?

That will depend on what version of Debian, and which tool you used.

The most likely answer is: You used the GNOME tool that interacts with
NetworkManager <URL:https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/NetworkManager>, but
that could be wrong. Please tell us the details so we can know better
what your system is doing.

--
 \      “I went to a garage sale. ‘How much for the garage?’ ‘It's not |
  `\                                        for sale.’” —Steven Wright |